Annual and project budgets help you manage expenses and resources. Budgets ensure that capital is not wasted on unessential items and that the company does not over spend on essentials.
The experience of managing a budget translates into valuable, marketable skills.
To learn more about communications and budgets, here are a few links to posts and articles about communications and budgets that you may find helpful.
Advice on Internal Communications Budgets:
- Biz Community: Using Research to Justify Your Internal Communications Budget
- Results Map Blog: Peter, Paul and the Internal Communications Budget
Helpful Observations on Communications Budgeting:
- Dave Fleet’s Conversations at the Intersection of Communications, PR and Social Media: How to Write a Good Communications Plan – Budget
- Non-profit Answer Guide: How do we create a budget for communications?
- Small Business Chronicle: How to Prepare a Marketing Communication Budget
Ideas to Consider if You Have to Trim a Budget: